- 1/4 cup dashi
- 1/8 cup pomelo juice
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- 6 oz sushi grade salmon (skin off, bone out, blood line out)
- 3 Tbls hazelnut (toasted and chopped)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 Tbls fennel pollen
- Corse sea salt and pepper
- 2 Tbls extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp chive infused oil
- 1 lemon
Method for Salmon
- Slice salmon across into ½ inch thick slices. Drizzle 1 tsp of olive oil over fish. Season all sides with salt, pepper, and fennel pollen.
- Preheat medium pan to medium heat with remaining olive oil. Sear each side of salmon for approximately 45 seconds.
- Small dice avocado in a small mixing bowl. Add 1 tsp of olive oil and juice from lemon. Season with salt and pepper.
- To plate, separate salmon and place on plate. Drizzle 2 Tbsp of pomelo ponzu over salmon. Top salmon with 1 Tbsp of avocado, 1 Tbsp of hazelnut. Drizzle with olive oil, and season with sea salt. Drizzle chive infused oil around salmon.
Method for Ponzu
- In a small ball, mix dashi, pomelo juice, and soy sauce together.