- 3 ½ lbs ground beef
- 1 ½ lbs ground pork
- 3 cups basil, divided
- 3 tbsp sriracha
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 6 tsp corn starch
- 18 scallions, green part only, finely chopped, divided
- 16 cloves garlic, divided
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese, divided
- ¾ cup olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 10 medium zucchini
- 12 sprigs fresh thyme, minced
- 1 tbsp chopped rosemary
- 1 tbsp chopped oregano
- 1 large shallot, minced
- Salt & pepper
Method for Meatballs
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Mix beef, pork, 10 cloves of minced garlic, 1 cup minced basil, 12 finely chopped scallions, ½ cup parmesan cheese, sriracha, sugar, corn starch, and season with salt and pepper.
- Roll meatballs into 2 ounce balls.
- Lay onto sheet trays and bake for 20 minutes.
Method for Roasted Zucchini Pasta
Preheat oven to 400°.
Using a Japanese mandolin, julienne the zucchini into thin strips only down to the seeds and core. Toss with 5 tablespoons olive oil, 4 cloves thinly sliced garlic, thyme, rosemary, oregano, salt and pepper.
Lay out in a single layer on parchment paper and roast for 8 minutes. Once cooked, allow to cool and set aside.
Method for Scallion & Basil Pesto
- In a food processor, combine the remaining scallions and basil, 2 cloves minced garlic, ½ cup grated cheese and lemon juice. Puree while drizzling remaining olive oil until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Dress the zucchini pasta with pesto. Top with meatballs and additional grated cheese.