- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon celery salt
- 1 ½ cups mayonnaise
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 ounces buttermilk
- ½ teaspoon tobasco
- 2 ounces Worcestershire sauce
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 (3 pound) whole chickens
- 2 gallons canola oil
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons old bay seasoning
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- In a large pot, preheat the oil to 300⁰ F.
- Strain chicken and remove excess buttermilk.
- Completely coat each piece of chicken evenly with flour & gently shake off excess.
- Frying one chicken at a time for 10 minutes.
- The internal temperature should be 165⁰ F and the outside should be golden brown.
- Remove and shake off excess oil and place onto rack for oil to drip off.
- Lightly salt chicken and repeat with next batch.
- Take chicken and remove the wing, thigh, leg,
- For the breast, cut it to make 2 pieces out of each.
- The two chickens should yield 20 pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, evenly combine the spices.
- In a small bowl, combine flour with half of the spices.
- In a large plastic bag, pour in half of the spices with buttermilk and add chicken.
- Allow for the chicken to marinate between 4 hours or overnight.
- Plate each person with a wing, thigh, leg, and two breasts.
- Serve a side of ranch dressing per person.
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk, tobasco and Worcestershire sauce.
- Set aside.