EVERYTHING BAGEL BATTER: INGREDIENTS NEEDED
- 2 cups tempura flour
- ½ cup vodka
- 2 cups ice cold beer
- ½ cup seltzer
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp chipotle power
- 3 tbsp kosher salt
Method: Mix all ingredients together until incorporated.
- Dredge the crabs in tempura flour, shaking off any excess.
- Working in batches, coat crabs completely in the tempura batter and drop into 325ᵒ oil for approximately 2-3 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
CRISPY EVERYTHING BAGEL SPICED SOFT SHELL CRABS
- Batter from above
- 4 prime soft shell crabs, cleaned
- Tempura flour, for dredging
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Mix until combined.
BACON & CHIVE SCHMEAR
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 4 strips crispy cooked bacon, chopped
- ¼ cup chives, chopped
- Spread cream cheese mixture on each top half of the buns.
- On the bottom slices of buns, layer lettuce, pickled onions and soft shell crabs. Top with top bun and serve immediately.
- 4 toasted potato buns
- 4 pieces of hydro Boston lettuce
- Pickled onions, optional
- Crispy fried soft shell crabs
- Bacon & chive schmear