- ¼ teaspoon chives
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 small shallot (minced)
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 1 ½ quarts blended oil
- 12 ounces NY Strip
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 sprig rosemary
- Heat up grill to high and oil with the vegetable oil.
- Generously season steak with salt and pepper.
- Set steak at 10 o’clock for 3 minutes.
- Turn steak to 2 o’ clock for another 3 minutes.
- Flip and repeat for 2 minutes for each direction.
- Add 1 tablespoon on steak and set aside.
- Begin by heating oil to 275⁰ F.
- Wash the potatoes and allow to dry.
- Cut into ¾ inch pieces and rinse in cold water, shaking off excess water.
- Add fries into oil and cook for about 4 minutes, making sure not to allow the fries to color.
- Remove fries and place on a rack, allowing the oil to drip.
- Set aside and let cool
- When ready, preheat oil to 350⁰ F.
- Add in blanched fries.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until crispy.
- Remove and place onto drying rack.
- Season fries with salt and pepper
- Place herbed butter on steak and under broiler to heat it up.
- Serve with crisp fries.
- Combine thyme and rosemary, add in garlic, ¼ teaspoon shallot, chives, salt, pepper, and mash with 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Form butter into a disc and refrigerate.