- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 4 ripe beef steak tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 bunch of fresh basil, chiffonade
- ½ bunch of Italian parsley, chiffonade
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Sea salt & peper
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- Cook pasta to al dente in salted water, then toss with one tablespoon olive oil and allow to lay out on a tray to cool.
- In a small sauté pan, add 2 tablespoons EVOO and minced garlic. Slowly cook over medium heat and toast until lightly golden brown. Remove, chill and reserve.
- Toss tomatoes with sea salt and pepper to taste, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, tomatoes with their liquid, parsley, garlic, chili flakes, remaining olive oil, red wine vinegar, half the parmesan and final seasoning of salt and pepper.
- Divide onto plates and top with remaining parmesan.