- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp capers (rinsed and chopped)
- 2 tbsp cornichons (rinsed and chopped)
- 1 hard boiled egg, chopped
- ½ tsp tarragon (minced)
- 1 tsp parsley (minced)
- 1 tsp chives (minced)
- 1 tsp dill (minced)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
Fish & Chips
- 8 (2 oz) cod fillets
- 12 oz Stella
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 3 qts vegetable oil
- 3 large Russell potatoes
Method for Batter
- Whisk together eggs with beer in one container.
- Combine flour with salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add flour into beer mixture, whisking as you go and making sure the batter is evenly combined.
Method for Blanching Fries
- Begin by heating oil to 275⁰ F.
- Wash the potatoes and allow to dry.
- Cut into ¾ inch pieces and rinse in cold water, shaking off excess water.
- Add fries into oil and cook for about 4 minutes, making sure not to allow the fries to color.
- Remove fries and place on a rack, allowing the excess oil to drip off.
Method for Frying
- Preheat oil to 350⁰ F.
- Dust cod fillets with all-purpose flour; shaking off excess.
- Dip into the batter, making sure the fish is fully coated.
- Gently add into the oil, frying for two and a half minutes on each side.
- Do it in two batches, or more if needed depending on the size of your fryer.
- Place onto rack and season with salt and pepper.
- Before finishing the fries, make sure the oil is back at 350⁰F.
- Add in blanched fries and cook for 2-3 minutes, until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove and place onto drying rack.
- Season fries with salt and pepper
- Serve two fillets with fries and house-made tartar sauce.
Method for Tartar Sauce
- In a mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, capers, cornichons, egg, tarragon, parsley, chives, dill and lemon juice.
- Mix evenly and set aside.