- 1 lb yellow beets
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 garlic cloves, divided
- 4 scallions, green part only, roughly chopped
- 2 cups roughly chopped soft green lettuce (example, bibb lettuce)
- 4 leaves basil, small dice
- 2 tbsp chopped Italian parsley
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp minced shallots, divided
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 black anchovy
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt & pepper
Method for beets
- In a medium pot, add rinsed beets. Cover with 5 inches of water. Add 2 smashed garlic cloves, rosemary and thyme sprigs and 3 tablespoons kosher salt. Boil until beets are tender.
- Once tender, remove outside skin with a wet towel.
- Cut beets into a small dice and place into a mixing bowl. Add the basil, 1 tablespoon minced shallot, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, worcestershire sauce and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Reserve and set aside.
Method for dressing
- Add chopped lettuce, parsley, remaining minced shallot and garlic, scallion greens, sour cream, mayonnaise and anchovies into a blender. Start to puree, while slowly drizzling in remaining olive oil and lemon juice.
- Adjust consistency with water if needed. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread a thin pool of green goddess dressing onto serving platter. Mound beets on top, followed by thinly sliced avocado. Finish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.