- 1, 3lb Maine lobster
- ½ lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ lb lump crabmeat
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp minced shallot
- ¼ tsp red chili flakes
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp butter, divided
- ¾ cup panko bread crumb
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped thyme
- 2 tsp freshly chopped chervil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup fish fumet or vegetable stock, divided
- 3 tbsp white wine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Turn the lobster onto its back and carefully split it down the middle from its head to just above the tail fin, being sure not to completely cut through the back of the lobster.
- Discard any roe or vein in the lobster belly.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and refrigerate until ready to stuff.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Preheat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon each butter and oil, along with the thyme, garlic, shallots, and chili flakes. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Add shrimp to the pan and gently sauté for 1 minute.
- Turn heat up to high. Deglaze the pan with white wine.
- Remove only the shrimp from the pan and set aside. At this point, the shrimp do not need to be completely cooked through.
- Continue cooking the wine and allow to reduce by half.
- Add the heavy cream and ¼ cup stock; cook until reduced by half. Once reduced, transfer the liquid to a large mixing bowl and chill over an ice bath.
- Once shrimp have cooled, chop them into a small dice and transfer to the chilled liquid bowl. Add the crab meat, parsley, chervil, panko bread crumbs, lemon juice, and remaining butter (chilled and small diced).
- Gently mix the stuffing until fully combined. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Evenly stuff the lobster cavity with the shrimp and crab stuffing.
- Pour remaining ¼ cup stock onto the bottom of the roasting pan.
- Bake the lobster stuffing side up for 35-40 minutes, or until stuffing is golden brown.
- Serve with drawn butter and lemon wedges.