- 1 organic, 3 lb chicken, broken down (breast, leg, thigh, all skin on/bone in)
- 3 medium sized Yukon gold potatoes
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 lb haricots verts, cleaned
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 cup dark chicken stock
- kosher salt, as needed
- fresh ground black pepper
Method for Olive Oil Whipped Potatoes
- Peel and cut Yukon potatoes into quarters. Place into a medium size sauce pan and cover with cold water. Add 2 tbsp kosher salt to water. Bring to a boil, simmer until fork tender.
- Strain potatoes then add potatoes back into the pot with the flame on low allowing excess moisture to evaporate.
- Once potatoes appear dry, use a food mill or ricer to puree potatoes.
- At this point you will season with 1 ½ tsp kosher salt, 6 cracks fresh pepper, and 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
- Whip the potatoes with a rubber spatula.
Method for Chicken
- Season all sides of the chicken with kosher salt and fresh pepper.
- Preheat large, heavy duty sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil to the preheated pan.
- Gently add chicken skin side down, reduce heat to low-medium.
- Allow to cook skin side down for 8-10 minutes. Skin will appear crisp, golden brown.
- Then flip all the chicken, continue to cook flesh side down.
- Add 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 2 garlic cloves (smashed), 1 sprig rosemary, 3 sprigs fresh thyme, 1/3 tbsp shallot. Lower the flame to low, occasionally basting chicken with oil and aromatics.
- After 6-8 minutes, check internal temperature of breast to see if it reached 155 degrees. Once it reaches 155 degrees, shut off heat and allow chicken to rest 5-7 minutes until carry over cooking temp reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove chicken and pour off excess oil, leaving herb and aromatics in the pan. Add 1 cup chicken stock and reduce by 80%.
Method for Haricots Verts
- In boiling, salted water, blanch cleaned haricots verts for 3 minutes. Drain and shock in ice water to stop the cooking process. Once completely chilled, drain and let dry. Reserve.
- In a large sauté pan over medium high heat, add 2 tbsp olive oil. Add remaining shallot and 2 cloves minced garlic. Sauté until softened, 2-3 minutes.
- Add reserved haricot verts to the pan. Sauté for 2 minutes. Finish off with 2 tbsp white wine and continue to cook until wine has reduced.
- Season with kosher salt and pepper.
- Remove the bone from the chicken thigh.
- Place ¼ cup of whipped potatoes onto the center of the plate.
- Top with a small bunch sauteed haricots verts.
- Then, add one breast, one de-boned thigh and one leg.
- Lastly, drizzle 2 tbsp of natural jus over the chicken.